Friday, August 14, 2009

Must vs. Lust

This blog is based on an idea: everybody fakes it. Now, like we talked about before, sometimes that means lying about your age or getting a dye job. But another thing commonly faked is fashion. Sometimes that means passing knockoffs off as the real deal, sometimes it means buying something cheap and making it look expensive, and sometimes it's just faking the confidence to wear something outrageous. (Or it could be painting the soles of your shoes red--I'm not above it!). But fashion, like a lot of things in life, can be faked.

Like most women who follow fashion, I have a (somewhat unhealthy) obsession with shoes. Since I'm still a student and have to walk around campus to my classes all day, heels are, unfortunately, somewhat unreasonable. But that certainly doesn't stop me from buying them, and I've compiled a cute, though somewhat lacking, collectiong of them this summer.


Now while I usually scrounge around DSW looking for chic shoes at cheap prices, I can't help but be tempted at the thought of designer heels, and I often find myself at google, the words "Alexander McQueen" or "Christian Louboutin" magically appearing in my search bar.


It was this--what I call my "red sole fix"--that lead me to find these beauties, Alexander McQueen studded platform boots. And while I drool a little every time I look at them, the thought of shelling out $1,245 for them (roughly what I made this summer as a hostess) is enough to bring me to my knees.


Luckily for me, there is such a thing as "knock offs" and "copy cats". These bebe boots fall into the second category. And while the color is different and the make won't be the same, their $159.00 price tag has won me over.


No comments:

Post a Comment